You asked

Please provide me with information about the number of children in poverty in the UK. Please provide this before and after housing costs. Please also include child poverty rates each year starting from 2005 to 2016 and information on local authorities with levels of child poverty across the UK.

We said

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, we do not hold the information you have requested. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) produces an annual publication called the Households Below Average Income (HBAI). These statistics contain annual estimates of the numbers of children, working-age adults and pensioners living in relative and absolute low income, together with statistics on children living in low income and material deprivation and pensioners living in material deprivation. These statistics can be found at:

For more information you can contact DWP: