FOI REF: FOI-2023-1292

You asked

Please provide all crime statistics relating to all men and women who work for public bodies, including but not limited to, local and central government personnel, police officers. NHS and South West Water personnel for the tax years 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022, or please direct me to source data. Please also provide data specific to Devon is this level of reporting is available.

We said

Thank you for your request.

We publish statistics from two main sources: the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) and Police recorded crime (PRC). Our publications and data concern crime as it is experienced by victims, or as it is recorded by police. Unfortunately, we do not generally produce statistics or details on the offender.

In table A4, of our Crime in England and Wales: Appendix tables, we publish police recorded crime figures for the offences "assault with injury on a constable" and "assault with injury on an emergency worker" at the England and Wales level. Assault with injury on an emergency worker is an offence category that came into effect in November 2018. The earliest data we hold for this offence as of the end of a tax year is for the year ending March 2021. The other figures for the years ending March 2020-22 can be found in the associated download 'Assault with injury, constable or emergency worker'. 

Unfortunately, we do not hold this data at lower geographical levels. Police recorded crime data are supplied to us by the Home Office, who are responsible for the collation of recorded crime data supplied by the 43 territorial police forces of England and Wales, plus the British Transport Police. They may be able to advise if they hold this data for Devon and any other information pertaining to your enquiry. They can be contacted at

Unfortunately, we do not hold the other information you have requested. The CSEW does not collect information on the occupation of respondents, or offenders (if known) so we are unable to provide breakdowns of the victimisation or offending of public sector workers. 

The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) are primarily responsible for the collection of data on offenders and may be able to help you further. They can be contacted at  

If you have any crime-related queries in the future, please email  and we will endeavour to help.