Numbers of marriages that took place in England and Wales analysed by a range of characteristics including age, previous marital status and ceremony type (civil or religious)
Marriages in England and Wales: 2013
Number of marriages that took place in England and Wales analysed by age, sex, previous marital status and civil or religious ceremony.
Marriages in England and Wales
Number of marriages that took place annually in England and Wales by age, sex, area, previous marital status, cohabitation, civil or religious ceremony, day and month of wedding, and marriage rates.
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs
- are well explained and readily accessible
- are produced according to sound methods
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.
Changes to this release date
- Previous date:
- 27 April 2016 11:00
- Reason for change:
- Release can now be published at 9.30am as figures do not need to be laid before parliament prior to publication, we are doing a digital deposit instead.