Price indices, percentage changes and weights for the different measures of consumer price inflation.
Consumer price inflation, UK: October 2021
Price indices, percentage changes, and weights for the different measures of consumer price inflation.
Consumer price inflation tables
Measures of monthly UK inflation data including CPIH, CPI and RPI. These tables complement the consumer price inflation time series dataset.
Consumer price inflation detailed briefing note
The consumer price inflation detailed briefing note contains details of the items contributing to the changes in the CPIH (and RPI), details of any notable movements, a summary of the reconciliation of CPIH and RPI, and the outlook, which looks ahead to next month’s release.
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs
- are well explained and readily accessible
- are produced according to sound methods
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.
Changes to this release date
- Previous date:
- 17 November 2021 09:30
- Reason for change:
- As the demand increases for statistics and data to measure the impact of the COVID19 pandemic, we have had to change data gathering and release practices, focusing efforts on priority analysis and statistics. As such we have re-scheduled this release. Please see our statement on how we are responding to the coronavirus illness. https://www.ons.gov.uk/news/statementsandletters/covid19andtheproductionofstatistics