Figure 3: Mortality rates in Quarter 2 2019 for ages 0 and 74 years were the lowest since the time series began in 2001
Age-standardised mortality rates by sex, ages 0 to 74 years, deaths registered in Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2001 to 2019, England
Source: Office for National Statistics
- Age-standardised mortality rates per 100,000 population, standardised to the 2013 European Standard Population.
- Q2 refers to Quarter 2 (1 April to 30 June).
- Figures are for deaths registered rather than deaths occurring in each period.
- Figures for 2019 are based on provisional mortality data and projected populations.
- Figures exclude non-residents.
Download this chart