Figure 4: Since the financial downturn the growth in market sector hours worked has been driven by workers holding degrees or higher qualifications
Cumulative contributions to changes in hours worked by highest level of education, Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2008 to Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2019, UK, market sector
Source: Office for National Statistics
- HQ1 is No qualifications.
- HQ2 is GCSEs and equivalent.
- HQ3 is A-levels or trade apprenticeships.
- HQ4 is Certificates of education or equivalent.
- HQ5 is First and other degrees.
- HQ6 is Masters and doctorates.
Download this chart