Figure 6: Multi-factor productivity grew in three out of ten industries in the year to Quarter 2 2019
Decomposition of year-on-year growth of output per hour worked to Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2019, UK, market sector and component industries
Source: Office for National Statistics
- ABDE is Agriculture, forestry and fishing; Mining and quarrying; Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply and water supply; and Sewerage, waste management and remediation activities.
- C is Manufacturing.
- F is Construction.
- GI is Wholesale and retail trade, Repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles, and Accommodation and food service activities.
- H is Transportation and storage.
- J is Information and communication.
- K is Financial and insurance activities.
- LMN is Real estate activities, Professional, scientific and technical activities, and Administrative and support service activities.
- OPQ is Public administration and defence, Compulsory social security, Education and Human health and social work activities.
- RSTU is Arts, entertainment and recreation, and Other services.
- TOTAL MS is the whole market sector.
Download this chart